Weekly News 14 SeptemberWritten by admin on Sep 13, 2017 in - No Comments
Small Groups at The Point
We encourage everyone at The Point to be part of a mid week Small Group, there are about 15 groups to choose from, or why not start your own! The new vision for Small Groups is a fresh focus on spiritual growth and transformation for every member. All the groups are using new material from The Bible Society this term called the Lyfe Course. If you would like to join a group or find out more, please contact John Naudé firstname.lastname@example.org and/or check out the small groups page on the website: http://thepointchurch.co.uk/get-involved/small-groups/
Here is a summary of Lyfe: A new 12 week course created by the Bible Society for small group to grow in discipleship, looking at 6 aspects of our spiritual life (2 sessions on each).
- Still Lyfe (Focuses on prayer and invites us to keep our hearts and minds focused on God);
- Real Lyfe (is about the re-formation of our heart, a transformation from the inside out);
- Spirit Lyfe (invites us to be empowered and fuelled by the presence and power of God);
- Just Lyfe (promotes a life of compassion, extended to every sphere of life, motivated and empowered by the love of God);
- Word Lyfe (invites us to be immersed and formed by the Word of God and to living out the good news of Jesus);
- Whole Lyfe (brings life and faith together, helping us to see God in everything we do).
The bouncy castle will be in the sports hall and open for use for 2-11 year olds 10am-10:30am on Sunday
Point Kids T-Shirts
Point Kids T-shirts are now on sale. £8 each (cheques payable to ‘The Point Church’)
To order please let Liz know what colour and size you would like.
Sizes available are:
XSmall (3-4 years), Small (5-6 years), Medium (7-8 years), Large (9-11 years), XLarge (12-14 years)
Colours: Red, Blue, Orange, Purple
Brighton/London mission trip 27-29 October
This will be a great time to reach out to our surrounding areas and see God move in others and yourself. More details to follow, If you are interested please email Erin@thepointchurch.co.uk
Is a new charity working with local churches in Mid-Sussex to reduce loneliness and Isolation amongst our older people. We are celebrating the official launch of Befriended by having a Tea Party on the 1st October 3pm-5pm at St Paul’s College. The afternoon will include entertainment, high tea and the commissioning of Befriended by Bishop Richard Jackson. If you would like to bring an older person, your grandparents, parents, neighbours, friends along for an afternoon of fun, food and friendship we would be delighted to see you. Here is an invitation to you and an older person to the Befriended Tea Party. Please could you let John O Connor know how many friends you are bringing with you. email@example.com